Hello loves! Today I’m finally listing my second action set: The Minimalist Series. With these photoshop actions you can create beautiful minimalist images with the touch of a button. As with all of my actions, these are layer-able effects that you can use and adjust to make sure your images look exactly the way you want. This Minimalist series is perfect for beauty and fashion bloggers, as well as anyone else looking to achieve clear, crisp, neutral-toned images.
Minimalist Series Photoshop Actions Demos:
Some of my favorite combinations:
Contents of The Photoshop Actions Set:
- Image Quality Booster (Booster)–brighten image + bump up contrast without compromising the image quality. Adjust the opacity and flatten into image as preparation for other filters. Great for intense brightening. Does wonders on underexposed images. Note: maintains yellow tones in image, remove those with No Yellows Filter for bright white images.
- Image Quality Booster Dark (Booster)–this booster is for bumping quality of image with slight brightening and an emphasis on maintaining natural shadows of the image. Great for moody images or images that are naturally bright. Note: maintains yellow tones in image, remove those with No Yellows Filter for bright white images.
- Dark Shadows (Booster)–Intensifies blacks and boosts contrast slightly, as to not over-darken the image. Darken shadows and maintain image highlights.
- Desaturated + Bright (Main Filter)–Desaturates colors to provide a slightly more monochromatic look. Dramatically brightens. Add Decrease Yellows to further monochromatic look if you don’t want to overexpose because of the brightening factor on this one. For example: adding Desaturated + Bright to an image at 50% is the max brightness you want on your image, but it needs to be more monochromatic. At this point to desaturate further use the decrease yellow filter instead of upping the opacity on this filter.
- Desaturated + Dark Shadows (Main Filter)–Desaturated + Dark Shadows (Main Filter)—similar to desaturated + bright, except that this maintains a moodier look to the images and isn’t quite as bright. It does, however, preserve highlights.
- Crystal Clear (Booster)–a clean crisp sharpening filter. Flattens into the image. I prefer to sharpen my image before I start editing. If you prefer to sharpen last make sure to flatten all other filters into “background layer” first.
- No Yellows (Booster)–Removes warm cast from images. Super important to creating a clean, bright white, minimalistic image.
Getting The Most Out of Your Minimalist Photoshop Actions
As with all of my actions, experiment with adjusting the opacity and layer order of the actions to change the effects. Because of layer blending modes, different positioning in the layer palette changes the effects on the image. I focus on non-destructive editing with my actions, but occasionally flattening an effect into the image and then adding more on top can create a look that can’t be achieved by just layering.
Check out my first Vol. I of photoshop actions made specifically for beauty and fashion bloggers here.
Purchase Them Here
PHOTOGRAPHY SERIES MAILING LIST
I gave a bit of information about this in my The Best Photography Equipment for Beauty Bloggers post. Basically, if you sign up for this mailing list you’ll get a 5% discount on all of my photoshop actions (+ whatever other resources I come up with in the future), access to tutorials, tips, tricks, and a monthly newsletter putting all of this information together for you. As always, never miss a post by following my Instagram//Pinterest//Twitter/Bloglovin!